Constructed with 1 5/8" outside diameter (OD) galvanized steel tubing. Please...compare tubing diameter and the wall thickness of the steel before you buy! Many companies sell frames with much smaller tubing. If your batting cage frame will be exposed to the wind, you will need at least 1 5/8" OD tubing and the wall thickness should be at least .085 inches thick (Schedule 20). Most companies that sell cheaper Chinese steel poles are 18 gauge, with a wall thickness of .049 inches (big difference) Fence companies recommend Schedule 40 fence rail for vertical poles over 6' high.
- We sell the frame kit so you can save money purchasing your tubing locally.
- Designed for easy installation.
- The arches are longer, on the sides, so that you can use one 21' length for two vertical lengths which minimizes cost and waste.
- Installation instructions are available at 1 5/8 Frame Instructions.
- Call for telephone assistance, if needed.
For best results, you should secure the frame poles into ground sleeves, ground stakes, or ground plates.